Monday, January 30, 2012

I was a freak before, might as well be a JESUS Freak!

            It wasn't long ago, when I felt like most people. Annoyed by the many "bible pushers" out there. I truly didn't understand why they were so pumped up, and every time one of them would start to witness or minister to me, I would roll my eyes and tune them out! "What makes her think she is better than me?" Or "Don't you think you are getting a little carried away?" Were constant thoughts every time I was faced one of these people.
               I have even seen people close to me declare their love to the Lord, and give Him so much credit, and thought they must have had their minds altered in some sort of cult! Weak minded people! I constantly thought they were judging me, or telling me that the way I lived wasn't good enough! I justified my actions and my life with ignorant notions. 
              "God doesn't care if I am having sex with my boyfriend, because we love each other, or I believe Jesus is my savior, back off." And the thought of listening to Christian music..HA!
Get real.  I had a "REAL" life, I don't need that! I honestly put my own spin on the "biblical laws" in order to fit my sinful life! 
               Looking back on that life, I have to laugh. Who was I really fooling? Not even myself.... truly. Honestly, I think most of us can't stand "bible thumpers" due to our own convictions. I mean if you don't believe in God, isn't because you want to live a certain way without consequences? And that might work for THIS lifetime, but good luck to you on the next! (Look, here I am preaching! sorry!)
             Until recently, I did think people, "in love with Christ" were weird and carried away, but now I realize, that it isn't about being judgemental, at least not for me. Once I started to understand the truth in Lord, and see what I could be, what life was meant to become, I just had to share the news with everyone I came across. When I go to the store, I a dying for someone to approach me, and mention Christianity or God. I just want to reach out to everyone who might be hurting, and say, "You can find comfort, the most amazing comfort in God.. Jesus died so that you don't have to live like this. YOU CAN BE FREE!" I don't want to judge what you are doing, I want you to feel as good as I do!
           I can't speak for every radical Christian out here, but I know that all I want is to be to others, what i have gotten from my Christian family. Understanding, and solace. I have received God's grace, and have had my eyes opened! I want everyone to feel that, I want everyone to have a personal relationship.
           So when you think to yourself, "Liz is so annoying with all of her God hoopla." remember that it was only a year ago, the only thing getting me out of bed, was the duty I felt to care for my children, and now I get up to rejoice in God's love, and to show my children and the others in around what God's love can be. I smile so often, and laugh harder than I have in years! I just want to spend eternity with you on my side!

1 comment: