Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Check up please!

           Today I had my first doctor's appointment with my new PCP. I wasn't going to go, because, well, I get nervous, and don't like to talk about stuff in fear I look stupid or pathetic! I also am afraid that a new doctor might think I am a hypochondriac and not take me seriously! But I went. I wasn't impressed with the interior of the office. It looked old, and rundown, and to be perfectly honest a little shady. But I had heard so many wonderful things about my potential new doctor, so I stayed, with high expectations!
           I went over my ridiculous family history, early heart disease, cancer, fibromyalgia, lupus, celiac disease, neropothy, diabetes, addiction, depression, epilepsy, etc. etc, and saw the shock on the nurse's face, then my personal history, of stomach issues, migraines, insomnia, lower back pain, neck pain, legs, and feet pain, constipation with frequent diarrhea (It's like an oxymoron) blah, blah, blah. Of course I am pretty sure they think I am a freak, and let me point out real quick, because they deserve some props, Sweet Face, and Peanut, both attended this two hour long appointment, and were so well behaved, I am still astounded. I never had to yell at them, not even once. I am very proud at how great those two are!
          Anyways, after talking to my doctor for awhile, he looks over old blood test results from my previous doctor, and informs me that, I have low B12, my good cholesterol is too low, and my bad cholesterol is too high, and no one ever bothered to tell me! Forgetting the problems that any of those factors could cause, I feel absolutely betrayed and neglected by my previous doctor's. These are people that we as patients entrust with our well being and lives! IT is absolutely ridiculous, that I wasn't informed, and made aware of how to improve those things. I am totally flabbergasted!
         Disappointed, don't you owe it to your patients to care about them, isn't that part of some oath? And on an even more personal level, it does make me feel like I don't matter. Another person in my life, making feel inadequate!
            The good news is new Doc, ordered up lots of tests, gave me a new med to try for my migraines, (With samples so I am not wasting money on something that might not help) and already scheduled a follow up appointment. This guy has done more for me in the first two hours of meeting him, than the old Dr, has done for me in the last three years of seeing him! And he is a christian to boot. I am feeling excited and confident that things are about to take a turn, for the better! 2012 is going to be awesome for my health! Praise God

No comments:

Post a Comment