Thursday, January 19, 2012

Why does bad stuff always happen to me?

          In the olden days, if a Shepard had a lamb or sheep, (doesn't sheep sound plural?) that kept straying from the herd, he would brake the animals legs, and carry it around his neck. He didn't necessarily so this to be cruel, there was a lesson involved for the mischievous lamb. The Shepard would carry the lamb wherever he went for as long as it took for the lamb's legs to heal, that way when the Shepard would release the lamb, it would be so used to being the the Shepard that it never strayed away again! Remind you of anyone?
           I have spent so many days and nights wondering, why me? Why would God let this happen, why does everything always have to be a struggle, everything in my life is so hard! Mind you, I think a lot of our struggles happen because we aren't doing what we are supposed to. Why are your finances screwed up? Because you screwed them, and so forth! And sometimes I think it is the enemy trying to keep us down. What better way to keep you from the Lord, then to remove all of your hope. Yet, once you reach your absolute bottom, who is that we usually look to? We find ourselves searching for God at our weakest, and he graciously accepts us, with open arms. It's like the footprints in the sand:


                                            
One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
             Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
                  In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
                       Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
                           other times there were one set of footprints.
                                  This bothered me because I noticed
                                that during the low periods of my life,
                             when I was suffering from
                         anguish, sorrow or defeat,
                     I could see only one set of footprints.
          So I said to the Lord,
      "You promised me Lord,
         that if I followed you,
             you would walk with me always.
                   But I have noticed that during
                          the most trying periods of my life
                                 there have only been one
                                       set of footprints in the sand.
                                           Why, when I needed you most,
                                          you have not been there for me?"
                                 The Lord replied,
                          "The times when you have
                  seen only one set of footprints,
          is when I carried you."
                                                   Mary Stevenson

He carries us, just like the lamb through our hardships, while we are wounded. That way when we are healed and complete, it is easier for us to remember what he did from us. We no longer want to stray from Him.
       Though, having your "legs broken" is never pleasant, sometimes God lets bad things happen, because that is the only way He can reach you! He spends so much time stretching out His hand, just hoping you'll grab on, and sometimes, pain, is the only way! I know that when I found God, I mean REALLY found Him, I was in a dark place, and now that I am well, I will not forget Him, I will do His will, no matter how it makes me feel. And hopefully, I won't have to be broken again!

No comments:

Post a Comment