Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Status: Couch Potato

        After watching my mother suffer three strokes, I decided that it is time I learn to take care of myself,  to teach my children how to be healthy, and to start living a better lifestyle. I have recently learned that I have low b12, and my good cholesterol is too low. Which are two common factors I happen to share with my mother.
         There's nothing I can really do about the b12, but in order to raise my good cholesterol, I need to start doing aerobic exercising, eating fish three times a week, eating more nuts, and so forth.... which is harder than one would think, since, I don't really like those foods, and I am lazy.
        Let's face it, I could make lots of excuses and say I am tired, or I have asthma, or I have two kids, and allergies, and blah... And all those things are true, but it really comes down to being lazy! And it is time, for the sake of me, for the sake of my children, and of course, because God wants me to care for my body, I have made some new goals.
       I started playing softball for my church's softball team, and after one practice, my body is so horribly sore, that I am actually a little disgusted with myself. So I decided now is the time to train for a 5k. And to really get into shape. So here is the beginning, and my new schedule. which will be a little harder because of the kids, but while it is spring, I can start anytime during the day it won't be too hot, all I really need is the motivation.
        So here I am, putting it out into the cyber world, for all 11 of you to read, and hold me accountable. I signed Husband and myself up for a 5k in September, giving me quited a bit of time, to start training. I was going to start today, but my body was too sore~ So tomorrow starts day1 of week one! I'm pumped people. And I figure while I do this, I will chart my weight as well.
              I am  5'5.5" I weigh about 152 lbs. I wear a size 8 pants, and med/large shirt. Alright, let's do this!
                                                          WEEK ONE:
Monday:  35 min of the dance game on the kinect

Tuesday: rest

Weds: Run 4min walk 2 min repeat 5 times for total of 30 min.

Thursday: run 4 min, walk 2 min. Repeat 5 times for total 30 min

Friday: run 4 min, walk 2 min. Repeat 5x

Saturday: 30 minute walk with the fam.
two hour softball practice

Sunday: rest or walk.
                                     
In between I will be doing cardio with the dance game on the kinect, and hopefully some other things. We are going to do this! And anyone who wants to join me in my journey to be a better healthier me, please leave a comment or join my site! Good luck, and God Bless

1 comment:

  1. Wow, way to motivate my lazy butt! You're gorgeous darling. Feeling good should be a priority and health should be on the top of my list too! Looking forward to following your progress and hoping to make some of my own as well. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete