Wednesday, April 4, 2012

homemade natural deodorant.... What?

                If you have read my last few posts, you would have learned that very recently my mother suffered from three minor strokes in two and a half weeks. Since then we, as in me, have been trying to get healthier, fitter, and doing things that are safer, healthier for us...
            I am trying to start slowly, eating more fish, cutting out sugar, (which is proving difficult, especially with Easter right around the corner) and today I ventured into making my own deodorant. I know it seems crazy, but for only 1/8 cup of baking soda, 1/8 cup of cornstarch, and 3 TBS of coconut oil, I made an entire stick of deodorant. I just mixed it together and put it into an old deodorant stick container... thingy. I got the recipe from smashedpeasandcarrots.blogspot.com.
           Tomorrow, I get to see just how well my new deodorant works, as I workout! I am so excited to do these things. I don't want to just improve my life, but my children's lives, and the environment.... I want to be who God meant for us to be!
                Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment