Friday, November 9, 2012

Lessons I have learned

        Still reeling with emotions from the scariest week of my life, I can't help but think of my many blessings. My health for starters. I might get headaches, and suffer from chronic constipation as well as muscle pain, but...it's not cancer. And I have decided to take action. To change my diet; to cut out white sugar, and processed foods, to eat more raw produce, and more fish, and less packaged crap. TO find more protein, and iron, and drink much, much, more water. I am recommitting myself to exercise at least four times a week, with hopes of much more, at least 30min. each. To research these conditions, and try to go the holistic approach rather than medical... )I won't be super crazy about it, but if the side effects of medicine is constipation, and you are already constipated, it can't be good... And I feel like that is always a side effect!) I am not taking my cancer free body lightly and realize what a huge blessing it was for God to give me this freedom. I WILL NOT disgrace Him, by continuing the same mistakes I have been for me and my family! My body is HIS temple.
         I sit with mixed emotions on my loved ones. So many friends stepped up and showed me their true hearts, and that I can lean on others. A few of my others friend, left me feeling abandoned and neglected, damaging our relationship for life! I saw God's love in those who did wrap themselves around me to keep me feeling safe, and protected. I saw His grace, and felt His security in SweetFace, every time the Lord used Him to express His love to me. I saw Husband step up a little, and be strong and ready to hold the family together!
         I realized how precious these people are to me, and would like to think if they let me, I would be there for them. I found old friends support, and love, remembering why I loved them in the first place. I've seen incredible things, and feel like a changed person. Stronger in my faith, more in love with God, and life, and people, and I feel like I am free. Maybe my battle wasn't long, but I still believe this battle was to set the tone for the rest of my life. Freedom. The rest of my children's life... FREEDOM. We no longer have to fear, God is the protector from all things. 

                                                     
              Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
                              will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.[a]
         I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
                                           my God, in whom I trust.”
                             Surely he will save you
                                          from the fowler’s snare
                                 and from the deadly pestilence.
                   He will cover you with his feathers,
                        and under his wings you will find refuge;
                     his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
                     You will not fear the terror of night,
                                    nor the arrow that flies by day,
           nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
                       nor the plague that destroys at midday.
                    A thousand may fall at your side,
                               ten thousand at your right hand,
                                 but it will not come near you.
                You will only observe with your eyes
                        and see the punishment of the wicked.
                   If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,”
                   and you make the Most High your dwelling,
10                           no harm will overtake you,
                        no disaster will come near your tent.
11            For he will command his angels concerning you
                            to guard you in all your ways;
12                  they will lift you up in their hands,
            so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13                You will tread on the lion and the cobra;
                 you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
14       “Because he[b] loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him;
                    I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15                   He will call on me, and I will answer him;
                                      I will be with him in trouble,
                                I will deliver him and honor him.
16                       With long life I will satisfy him
                                    and show him my salvation.
I repeated this Psalm every day, several times a day this entire week. I started ironically saying everyday about two weeks ago. This Psalm shows us God's promise to protect us from the fowler's snare, and deadly pestilence (like cancer) His faithfulness will be MY shield... He guards ME with his wing, under His feathers. I am protected from fire, disease, tornadoes, hurricanes, storms, any harm. This is a promise to me and my children. It is for you and yours. I have no intention in letting God forget this Psalm or His promise to me, (Not that He would) And I will recite this Psalm, and remind myself of His promise every time Satan tries to attack... "You will trample the great lion and the serpent." (Satan the serpent) Satan can not take any of those promises from me,or you , unless we give Him permission. I will not do that, and I hope somewhere someone is learning this lesson with or through me. Hold onto God's promise... He is faithful, and if he offered it so long ago, He is still offering it now... He never changes!

2 comments:

  1. Every battle in life is somehow a learning experience. I don't believe God lets these things happen just to "teach us a lesson" like some people seem to think, but I do think he is proud when we do learn from our experiences and especially when we learn to praise him in our trials. You've definitely made him proud with this one, Liz, no question. Good move on the holistic approach to life, too. I've heard nothing but good things about that lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rainey, yo are always so supportive, and positive. It's refreshing, and I am glad to become your friend!

    ReplyDelete