Monday, November 26, 2012

Support our Troups

     My little Sweet Face, has for a year now, at least, been talking about being a soldier. He loves seeing them, and shaking their hands, and talks about being a hero, and keeping others safe often. At first, I discouraged him. I told him what really happens during a war, and that its a lot of work, and sometimes people get hurt or die. Then God showed me that being a soldier, is a calling. Something he asks people to do. As much as I prefer he just be something like a dentist, it felt clear to me, that I should nurture this curiosity, and possibly someday career choice of his. ( he's only seven, so who knows!)
     We started looking for ways to volunteer, or show our support to the troops. Something he can be proud to do. Because let's face it, this year had been just as hard on him, as it has been on me, if not harder. I think it would be nice. So I am going through websites and ideas, and it is astounding how much is out there. And I am sorry to say, how ignorant I have been. I have never been a die hard American. It isn't that I don't love my country, but I am sorry to say, I just haven't cared that much. The more I look into this, the more I want to know more. The more I want to support them myself and to be a proud American. 
      I know that God wants me more involved, its our job as Christians to show God's love to everyone, and I think it is double important to show it to these heroes who have been emotionally scared. Who may have seen things we can't even imagine. I urge the rest of you out there to join our efforts and learn more. As soon as we get something together to show our support in a big way, I will post more. But start your own, and at the very least, learn about what these men and women have been fighting for. Sweet Face and I starting on a wonderful journey together of knowledge and love, I invite you to  join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment