Monday, October 8, 2012

My lyre is AWAKENED!

           This past weekend, I went to a worship conference in Philadelphia called Awake My Lyre. Originally I was only going to support my good friend, being that she was the brains behind the operation. I did not know what to expect, but I knew the enemy was fighting to keep me from going. The more I didn't feel like going, the more I knew I should be there! 
           Upon arriving, I felt completely out of place, yet, like I was in the right place. I actually said to my friend, "It's like I fit in, because I don't fit in." It was a giant room filled with "artistic" type people, and I immediately felt unworthy of their presence, however, I  knew I was going to leave closer to God, and just pushed on!
            Throughout the weekend I was so blessed. I saw amazing performers like Chris Falson, Glen Galloway from Souljunk, Lenny Smith, owner of Jerusalem records, Rachel Galloway, Mary Brewer... Just amazing performers, with a passion for God, and incredible gifts. I learned so much from each person! Lenny Smith made a comment that being a grown up was a lie, Glen's love for God and his connection to the Holy Spirit blew my mind, and Chris' story of agnostic parents, and finding God in the lines of leaves... I walked away completely changed and excited to start my new journey as a Worshipper, who I was designed to be! (Thank you Rachel for pointing that out!) 
           When I got home, I was inspired to write, and to be who I used to be, but for God's glory, and I pulled out an old book of poems, and re read a few. Poems about the love I first felt in the beginning of my relationship with Husband, turned into love songs to God, before my eyes, and feeling that love, I wrote my very first song... Or at least started to!
            I am so excited to have learned how to truly worship God, and it of course will be different for everyone, because we were all created different for a reason! I just want to spend every moment, exclaiming, proclaiming, my love for the Lord! Thank you Awake my lyre, My lyre is awake!
          And now my poem:

365 days times three...
         I thought I couldn't breathe without him ,
Moon fall to moon rise...
        Tied to him
Without him near.

Then you came...
       Now I am free!

I only need the strength you give
        The light you shine
Sunrise to sunset
         Not tied,
      Voluntarily
I long for your arms...
      Your smile
Remains within me...

 I have what everyone seeks,
I breathe vigorously!
      

                                                       
                                                                      
  

1 comment: