Wednesday, July 25, 2012

"Mommy, SweetFace didn't pray for me the right way!"

    Tonight, I asked Sweet Face to help me with bedtime by tucking in Peanut and praying for her. Knowing that Sweet Face is seriously anointed by God, and is always willing to pray over and for people, I expected him to do well.  He always seems to know how to pray and what to pray. He has a real gift. So after he finishes and they stop giggling, he went into his room and tucked himself in. (For the record I don't usually make Sweet Face do my work, there's something wrong with my neck!)
     A few minutes later I hear the sweet chipmunk voice of my little Peanut, "Mommy, SweetFace didn't pray for me the right way." "Well Peanut there is no wrong way to pray as long as it comes from the heart." "All he did was thank God for me, and asked that he would watch over me." She replies. And as I am thinking how that;s pretty much what I do, and it sounds like a good job to me, she says, "I need you to do it the right way." So I tell her to come into my room.
       I explain to her, that what Sweet Face prayed was fine. It doesn't have to be just like my prayer, but if she wants I will pray for her again. She looks at me with that sweet little face, and puts her tiny hand on my neck, and says, "I want to pray for you!" Wow! Of course being the Peanut is only four, I didn't really expect much, but I let her do it. I mean who turns down perfectly good prayer?
       "Father God," she starts off. "We thank you for Mommy, and we ask that you heal her. Take away all of her pain, and make her neck feel better. Give her healing, and make her comfortable, and make her not nauseous. We ask that you be with her, and take away all of her pain, so that she can keep her goodness. Thank you Jesus. In Jesus Name, Amen." As my eyes welled up with tears of pride, I felt it on my heart to talk to Peanut about giving her life to Christ.
        It's strange, because I am usually the first one to say, "Do you really think a kid that age really understands?" But if God tells me something, I do it.. (Some things just take a little longer) So I explained it to her. "Do you know what it means to give your life to Christ?" Peanut shakes her head no. "Well it is when you want Jesus Christ to come into your heart. You decide to let Him be in charge of your life, and you want to follow Him, and listen to His rules forever. It means that you want Him to save you, because sometimes you sin. And sin is when you do something wrong. And if we don't have Jesus Christ, even when we are sorry, we aren't forgiven. It means that you know why he died on the cross, and that you believe it. Do you know why?" She said she did, and then told me, it was so we could go to heaven, so that God could forgive us. "Well does that sound like something you want to do?" "Oh yes, Mommy." "Ok sweet girl, then we will pray together, just say what I say..." I lead her through the prayer, and kept it very simple. I didn't use big words, or get over complicated. We didn't pray for longer than two minuted, if even that, but as we held hands, talked to God, I could feel the Holy Spirit. His presence was so overwhelming, and I cried, and as we closed our prayer, Peanut began to laugh. She laughed, and giggled, and had the biggest smile on her face. She actually seemed to glow. She squeezed my hand and looked up at me with her amazingly big brown eyes, and still giggling said, "Could we do that again?"
          We talked about how great she felt, and I explained why. I then told her a bit about the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, and as she listened, her eyes twinkled. Once again I felt the Holy Spirit all over us, and could feel Him in the conversation, so we prayed again, only this time we asked the Holy Spirit to come, and to fill Peanut up.
        After we prayed together again, she kissed me on the forehead, and asked Sweet Face if she could pray for him. At first he said no, and she insisted that she needed to so he let her. She came back into my room and told me that she had prayed for Sweet Face in the Spirit, and she wanted to pray for me again before she went to bed. And she did.
         I can say that though the enemy is fighting me on my belief, my little girl seems to have been changed in very little time. I believe that she was saved today, not that I thought she was damned before, but I realize how great it is that these two kids have such a head start on an amazing life. That they will grow up knowing God, and the miracles if Jesus Christ and his name. I believe they will save millions of people and heal nations, with the Holy Spirit.
       I am thankful for the opportunity to raise these two spiritual kids. I always believed I would do something big in my life, and now I know that it was to bring these two into the world, to do the work of God! Praise God, and thank you Jesus.

2 comments: